Smoky Mountain Adventure Center
Climbmax Mountain Guides
Get out and adventure!
Western NC Rock
A World of Adventures Right in ONE Location
Give the gift of “Adventure” this holiday season !
About Our Facility
The Smoky Mountain Adventure Center is this regions’ premier one-stop destination spot for outdoor and indoor adventure. Located in the River Arts District this spectacular building features indoor climbing, yoga and Tai Chi courses, coffee, tea, and local brews from some of our great breweries. Outdoors we will have boat and tube rentals, stand-up boards, and bike rentals.
Fall and Winter is a great time to rent some bikes and take a nice ride along the French Broad River Greenway
MONDAY 8:00am – 8:00pm
TUESDAY – THURSDAY 8:00am-10pm
FRIDAY & SATURDAY 8:00am-10pm
SUNDAY 10am – 8:00pm
Special event times available.
The Smoky Mountain Adventure Center is Proud partners with The Asheville Area Chamber of Commerce and a grant recipient from the Tourist Product development Fund (TPDF)
About Our Partners
The Smoky Mountain Adventure Center is the home to several local businesses who are working together to help provide AMAZING experiences and adventures.
- Climbmax Climbing Center and Climbmax Mountain Guides provide this regions premier climbing facility and outdoor guiding service. The guides and instructors working for Climbmax provide excellent training and coaching for any level of ability and most ages.
- Earthsports Design is a custom backpack design and repair company specializing in creating outdoor gear that is comfortable to wear, functional, and performs exceptionally well.
- The Asheville HangOut features a hand crafted bar-top created from wood taken from this very property. They serve some of the regions finest crafted ales.
- Kolo Bikes will feature a fleet of street friendly bicycles for a fun tour around town or more advanced bikes for a jaunt out in the woods.
- French Broad Outfitters is a high quality outfitter of canoe, kayaks, tubes, and stand-up boards (SUP). They provide the adventurer many different ways to enjoy the beautiful french Broad River.